My Photo
Name:
Location: Greeley, Colorado, United States

Monday, July 24, 2006

Jogging

While going for a jog the another night I had an interesting encounter on the way back. It was late at night so I was actually jogging in the street for a short distance. I saw a figure of someone on the sidewalk in front of me. I decided since I had headphones on to just stay in the street and jog by. I noticed as I passed a large, very hairy Hispanic man. How did I know he was hairy? Well he had his shirt off and has attempting to stumble towards the nearest fence so he could water the grass on the other side. I thought this odd and decided not to stop. As I rounded that block to head back to my apartment I encountered another stranger.

It was a woman crossing the street waving her hands and speaking to me. Me, still having my headphones on was tempted to just continue on. I figured she was probably not a huge threat so I changed my mind and stopped. After I took my headphones off she asked if I had seen so and so (I can't recall the name). I mentioned that just around the corner there was a large man standing around. I left out the particulars off what he might have been doing. Doesn't everyone like a little surprise now and then?

She thanked me and then scurried off in that direction continuing to call out some name. I suspect that was the wife/girlfriend of the drunken Hispanic man just around the corner. Experiences like this, makes me realize while everyone else goes jogging during the daylight hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home